Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter Themed Units

I'm hearing lots of great ideas about Winter Theme units that many of you creative teachers are putting together but so many ideas are jumbled up in my brain and I'm not sure what to do!! Last year I taught a split class and this is my first year teaching 2nd grade (on it's own).

I think I might work through a few Arctic Animals. We are beginning Non-Fiction writing, so this would tie in perfectly!

What are your plans for Winter Themes and how are you tying them in?? 

I found some great sites with information about different animals:



I know that many teacher's do Penguin Units - 

Now that I've had some time to look through all that is out there, I'm going to go get to work on my Arctic Animals Unit! :-) 

*Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! I nominated you for an award, stop by my blog to pick it up!
    I am studying winter this week. We've done some experiments to show the effect of salt on ice/snow, we've read about winter animal adaptations and completed some comprehension activities. Tomorrow we will be doing a craftivity and I hope to have our unit on TpT soon!
    Lisa @ Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete